I am a post-doc researcher in the Pattern Recognition & Bioinformatics Group in TU Delft. I am currently working on the Resourceful Ageing project, which explores data-driven and machine learning approaches to design novel IoT services for ageing populations.
Prior to my position in TU Delft, I was a research fellow at the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) in Sweden, in the Computer Vision and Active Perception Lab (CVAP), where I investigated natural human-robot interaction and social robotics.
I received my PhD degree in Computer Science from Lancaster University in 2015, where I was also a Marie Curie research fellow. While in Lancaster, I investigated novel video-based gaze estimation techniques, gaze-based interaction for large displays, and using eye tracking for detecting dementia and health monitoring. I obtained my Master’s degree in Artificial Intelligence from the University of Amsterdam, where I was awarded the Huygens Scholarship.
- Human Behaviour Analysis
- Ubiquitous Computing
- Human-computer Interaction
- Computer Vision
- Machine Learning and Pattern Recognition
- MODEM (Monitoring Of Dementia using Eye Movements), Lancaster University, 2015
- Research Intern, Combining Gaze and Hand Gestures for Remote Interaction, Microsoft Research Cambridge, June 2014 – August 2014
- iCareNet (Intelligent Context-Aware Systems for Healthcare, Wellness, and Assisted Living), Lancaster University, 2011 – 2014
- Research Associate, EAR (Eye-based Activity Recognition), Lancaster University, 2011
- Research Intern, Philips Research Eindhoven, Multi-people Tracking using Graph Representation with Ceiling Mounted Video Cameras, January 2010 – October 2010
I will serve as the Paper & Proceedings chair for the 5th ACM Symposium on Spatial User Interaction (SUI 2017). Previously, I co-organised the 5th International Workshop on Pervasive Eye Tracking and Mobile Eye-Based Interaction (sponsored by 3 industry partners) with academics from ETH Zurich and Max-Planck Institute for Informatics in 2015. I served in the program committee for the 3rd and the 6th International Workshop on Pervasive Eye Tracking and Mobile Eye-Based Interaction. I was invited as a member of the technical program committee for the Technology & Applications track of FG 2017. Frequently, I get invited to review submissions for international conferences (e.g., CHI, UIST, UbiComp, ICMI), Journals (e.g.,Sensors, PMC, IJHCS) and magazines.